Earth-Friendly, Natural, and Unique.
Sisal carpet is growing in popularity for floor refinishing in Charlotte NC and surrounding areas because of its rustic look and its eco-friendliness. These carpets are made from the fibers of a cactus-like plant called Agave Sisalana, which is cultivated in arid regions around the world. Once the leaves are harvested, the fibers are extracted, cut, dried, and treated to produce twine that can then be woven into rugs. There are many possibilities in terms of the weave pattern. Just like hemp and coir, sisal provides durability that most synthetic materials can’t match.
Benefits of sisal carpet floor refinishing Charlotte NC:
- It’s naturally stain-resistant and doesn’t require any chemical treatments that may be harmful to children and pets.
- It repels dust and static electricity, making it a hypoallergenic floor refinishing Charlotte NC option.
- It’s naturally flame-retardant.
- As the leading carpet company, we offer the option of combined it with other natural fibers, such as wool or seagrass, to create different textures and colors.
Precautions for sisal carpet:
- Sisal does not do well with moisture and should be avoided in a mudroom or bathroom.
- It can feel rough underfoot compared to traditional floor refinishing Charlotte NC materials, making it less comfortable to sit or lie on for prolonged periods.
- It is prone to color-fading, especially with prolonged exposure to sunlight.
Let the experts at the number 1 carpet company help you find a sisal carpet that’s just right for you and your floor refinishing Charlotte NC project. Contact us today to schedule your free, in-home design consultation. We proudly serve Charlotte, Ballantyne and surrounding areas.